1. Start by powering up the receiver or unplugging power from receiver to reset an already powered IRD.
After about 1 1/2 minutes of the startup process, step 2 will start with the downloading of satellite info like pictured above. Right when this screen shows press and hold the [Red Dot] button for 8 seconds until menu below appears.
Press the left arrow button on the DRE remote so that cursors moves from right options to the left navigation menu.
Once in the left navigation menu, cursor down with down arrow until highlighted over the “Satellite” option like shown above and select.
You will have two options appear on the right, select “Repeat Satellite Setup”.
Since we are not worried about a tuner conflict at this point select “Yes, Interrupt”.
To confirm your selection you need to press the DASH ( – ) button which is the button in the bottom left corner of the DRE remote.
Go ahead and select your dish type if it doesn’t automatically populate. Then you can cursor down to tuner one and select “Auto”. Most likely it is showing None by default. Once you have “Auto” selected, cursor over to the right navigation and select “Recheck SWM”.
By Rechecking SWM, the set up will automatically populate your switch type that at finds. In most cases in August 2022, it would be the use of a High Powered (HP) SWM that it finds.
Making sure that we are still selecting “Auto” on Tuner 1 after swim type populates, we can now go to the right menu and select “Continue”.
The set up will start to verify configuration. During this part of the setup, it is not uncommon for some satellites in the testing process to come back with a red X and give the impression that testing failed. As long as we can select “Continue” in the right menu we can continue setup. We will use the AIM meter to verify signal after set up.
The setup process will start to download Advanced Program Guide Data and will have the progress bar and percentage at the bottom like shown above.
Once completed to 100%, “Continue” will be available to select to the right like shown above.
After continuing set up will run data feeds and guide tests and then you will be prompted with the completion of the set up. Select “Continue”.
Since you probably already have a remote that is programmed to the TV or you have a list of codes to program the remote manually, select “Setup Remote Later”.
You are completely finished with the set up process, go ahead and select “Watch DIRECTV“
- Press [Mute], , ,  & then [Enter],
- Install menu to appear along left side of TV.
- Go to the [Channel] and select,
- Select [Channel Editor],
- Choose the channel(s) that you want the TV to display
- Note: If channel is being used several times (Example: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, Etc.), you will have to delete the extra before you can assign that display number. Note: Also the [Return] button on the remote will maximize any menu during process. Use left & right arrows to select inputs and then [Return].
- Turn the screen off with the remote.
- Press MUTE – 1 – 8 – 2 – POWER ON with the remote. This provides access to a system menu.
- Go to “Options” and select “Factory Reset” twice.
- When the screen is totally off, turn it back on. The screen should now be back to the factory settings.